There are thousands of shorts out there, each year yet more being passionately made. To go with the deluge of shorts there are the festivals that give the best of them an outlet. We try to keep up, but it seems to be a battle we’re never going to win. However, every now and then we come across a piece that catches our attention. This is one of those occasions; this short has been featured in a plethora of festivals and for good reason.
During 2012 Fifty Pence made the viewing list of many a festival including:
– London Short Film Festival (London. UK)
– Aesthetica Short Film Festival (York, UK)
– Black Harvest Film Festival (Chicago, IL. USA)
– ÉCU Firsts (Paris, FRANCE)
– Human Rights Film Festival of Barcelona (Barcelona, SPAIN)
– Eat my Shorts Film Festival (Dublin. IRELAND)
– Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival (London, UK)
– BUtiful Film Festival (Bournemouth, UK)
– Shortcutz London (London. UK)
We love the passion clearly evident in the making of Fifty Pence and we enjoyed the Cinematography.
Eric Kolelas wrote, directed and starred in Fifty Pence along with the Franco-Iranian beauty Anoushka Ravanshad. Eric, working with (DoP) Guillaume Miquel has created stunning visuals to go with the engaging content.
Some might find it risky or even vain to take on all these tasks on the same project. But I grew tired of waiting and as one of my acting coaches, Simon Furness (Actors Temple,) once mentioned to me:“Acting is doing!” So this is what I did: Fifty Pence
We think the risk was worth taking. Don’t just take our word it, watch it and become a part of Eric Kolelas’s world for the full twelve minutes and see what we mean.